OS/2 PM VNC Viewer (Client) Open Watcom Version
Virtual Network Computing Viewer, ported to OS/2 PM by Akira Hatakeyama. Thin-client remote control of Unix/win32/Macintosh systems. Very few changes in the code. Cleaned up directory, added build environment for Open Watcom 1.5 and newer, and created inf file for docs.
I really hate this program!
Source is hosted at: http://svn.assembla.com/svn/os2utils/pmvnc/trunk/
1. merge Guido Jaeke's changes
2. Will only paste one line to windows VNC server - GG
Ok, it seems not to do this on OS/2-ECS but does happen on Win server - look at it. Maybe I could use UClip?
3. connections to localhost are disabled by default in vncview.exe For Windows there is a registry setting
to change that behaviour: Do you happen to know if and how this is possible with the OS/2 version? - Herwig Bauernfeind
Don't know. Have to set up this environment to try this...
4. Allan's request - I'd like to use F1-F10 in window, and not as now where they are bound to some other stupid tasks. I use FC/2 a lot, altso via VNC - and it is really a pita to workaround F buttons as now.
Version 1.04 May 2009 (hobbes.edu link)
Add Dmitry Steklenev changes:
Version 1.03 November 2006 pmvnc103_ow.zip
- On SMP systems PMVNC thread tried to access to the hpsBitmap simultaneously. Serialized access via mutex to fix.
- If "Tiny Color" and "Gray Scale" modes used, received SYS3175 crash in PMMERGE.DLL. Increased malloc pbmiBitmap from *16 to *256.
- Missing comma after ID_PMVNC in IDD_ABOUT pmvncres.rc
Final fix for the keypad.
Version 1.02 September 2006 pmvnc102_ow.zip
Thanks to Silvan Scherrer, Herwig Bauernfeind, and Bent Nielsen for feedback.
Version 1.01 September 2006 pmvnc101_ow.zip
- Fixed a mistake I made in the previous version (1.01). I did not make the SEM names unique which prevented start of more than one copy of vncview.
- If NUMLOCK is selected the keypad codes are caught and sent to server as correct number.
- Main window will show connected server name if name is greater than 8 bytes.
- Added Alex Taylor's dialog improvements - "This is a cosmetic update to the OS/2 PM VNC Viewer program, with improved dialog layout and a cleaner-looking icon. Derived from Akira Hatakeyama's original release." http://www.cs-club.org/~alex/os2/utils/index.html
Seems there was a long delay in shutdown time. The emx version set a variable and issued a close() of the network socket to unblock the network thread. I changed to use a SEM and soclose() to unblock and shutdown the thread for a clean end. I also added Doodle's "Morph to PM" for debug output if DEBUG is set in makefile.
Version 1.00 September 2006 pmvnc100_ow.zip
Started with the older PMVNC100 source and made changes to compile with Open Watcom 1.5 and above.