Note: I am in the process of moving these pages to www.ecsdump.net
This is where my OS/2-ECS
related stuff gets thrown. I use Open Watcom
for all my projects
. I also use the GCC compiler for some stuff, however, Paul Smedley has done some super OS/2 ports
with Knut St. Osmundsen's GCC
. Comments to mike at mgreene.org. Feel free to register and add comments here
. I would like to leave all pages open for comments, but the spammers strike. Registering with a fake email and name is fine. I also leave a couple IRC channels open, I might be around or might not (MikeG): irc.ecomstation.com #netlabs and #ecs channels. or irc.freenode.net #watcom
I toss anything I come across on the BLOG link
above. I don't know about this socal networking stuff, but blogs make great scratch pads.
Very few changes in the code. I have not been using this for a number of months so have not tested this version. Version 1.04 adds changes submitted by Dmitry Steklenev.
- bzip2 1.0.5 compiled with Open Watcom 1.8 HERE.
- zip 3.00 compiled with Open Watcom 1.8 HERE.. The inf file is old and large file support is not complete.
- I have unzip 6.0f compile and working, but no large file support -- yet. Since this is a beta version, if you want to try it email me and I will provide a version to try.
screen capture of my loader starting HERE
I have been playing with the rexxutil.dll and have everything in except SysQuerySwitchList which needs to be finished.
Modified sources to build an OS/2 or NT version of the Little CMS library and DLL
Spent a lot of time recovering from a lightening strike which did some home network damage. In the process I got a cheap ADS NAS
which was a mistake. However, I finally purchased an HP Media Vault 2010 and am back on track.
Been busy with work and playing with uniaud resync, but I finally started by update of a HelloWorld
- Added a uniaud build page.
- Reposted some of Alger Pike's pages from long ago - also the example archives.
- Added am example Open Watcom setvars.cmd script that includes perl statements.
- Thanks to the work of Michal Necasek and Steven Levine, 4OS2 version 3.04h has been released. This is a command shell, formerly developed by JPSoft and now open source. The following is the source to compile with fixes to compile with Open Watcom 1.7. (4os2_src.zip)
- zip 2.3.2 build for eComstation with Open Watcom and above.
- unzip 5.5.2 build for eComstation with Open Watcom and above.
- which-2.1.5 clone of locate command, add search INCLUDE path
- GNU GREP 2.5.1a for OS/2 (and NT) Open Watcom Version (compiled with pcre 6.7)
- Updated Syslogd/2 to version 2.01 (updated to prevent buffer full message.)
- Exuberant CTAGS 5.6 for OS/2 (and NT) Open Watcom Version 27 March 2007 - this version lacks wildcard code, see FileList page.
- mshell_ow.zip The is the same program as the mshell.zip on hobbes but I have added a build environment for Open Watcom 1.6. Not well tested but has worked for me and is about 56% the size of original.
- PMVNC updated to version 1.03
- tolower Converts all filenames in current directory to lowercase
- PMVNC initial release version 1.00 and follow on fixes 1.01 and 1.02.
I did not feel like feel like going back past June 2006, see FileList and OtherPages for older stuff.